The butterflies in my stomach dance a sweet waltz because of you.
Making me feel like a sweet young girl in love, that is true.

Why would I ever want them to so disappear?
The illusion of fantasy is far greater without any tears.

I am not a young wrapped up soul.
My age should prove my maturity is bold.

You take me on sweet journeys in my mind.
Places I have never been, seeking beauty to never find.

Making me feel my dreams are important so.
If for an instance beauty in myself glows.

Sending me poetry, within their wondrous lines.
Telling me of kisses that are sublime.

Arms wrapped around me on that garden swing.
The voice so sweet next to my ear melodically sings.

Please don't take away the dreams of my soul.
I want to feel their emotional toll.

Please don't chase those butterflies at play.
I love that feeling wanting them to stay.

Besides what is a few butterflies between friends.
Let them dance a sweet waltz until their bitter end.

They really do never last forever.
So let me keep them as our sweet treasure.

0 comments:

Post a Comment