In the early morning hours
When my day comes to a start
My first thought is always you
And how you touch my heart

I spend the next few hours
Feeling thankful and so blessed
While missing you pours over the joy
I know this is just a test

It's the challenge of my wills
To strengthen me with power
Reminiscing of the love we share
And guide me through each hour.

As lunchtime rolls around
I am still immersed in you
I am wrapped up in the memories we made
And of all the things we do.

The afternoon is still dragging on
And the day seems not to end
I know at night when I climb into bed
Those thoughts will begin again

I will lay my head down on my pillow
And as I try to close my eyes
Those thoughts of you won’t let me slumber
And then I start to cry

Just a circle of my daily passage
With my mind on only you
But I feel so grateful and so blessed
That another day is through

Each day that passes is a day closer to you…


Bookmark and Share






0 comments:

Post a Comment